Feb. 23, 2019 | Beth Hallel | Birmingham, AL | Download Flyer
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
"The Proactive Church"
The nationwide need for some type of security effort on the part of local churches is a well-established fact in today’s culture. Instead of rehashing the stories of past tragedies, this conference will give attendees a greater understanding of how to address critical church security issues, staff a volunteer church security team and train for emergency contingencies small and large.
The upcoming seminar is appropriately named “The Three Strands of Church Security”. This 1-day conference, presented by the National Organization of Church Security & Safety Management, is being held at New Life Church, Colorado Springs, CO on June 9, 2018. The emphasis will be to help church leaders address critical security issues faced by all churches.
Attendees will also be able to download a free Security Policies and Procedures Framework to get them started on their first steps toward developing and deploying a church security program.
The speakers for this seminar will be two of the most respected names in church security:
CHUCK CHADWICK – Chuck was the past security director of several mega-churches, but now Chuck guides churches of all sizes toward solutions that address all security concerns. As the president of NOCSSM for over a decade, Chuck leads churches in the practical aspects of combating violent incidents. Chuck is also the president of Gatekeepers Security Services, LLC which has and is training and certifying volunteer church security teams for over a decade. (read more below...)
Who should attend:
- This is not a seminar where the participants will learn how to RUN, HIDE, dial 911 and throw chairs and fire extinguishers.
- This is not a seminar where the participants will hear story after story of past incidents to convince the churches to do something. We assume that your presence at the seminar means you don’t need convincing.
- This conference is for attendees who want a structured, tried and true solution on how to meet the requirements of having a security team that can directly address current security issues and transition control to first responders as they arrive.
Session topics include:
- Getting Started - How to get a Security Ministry started at your church?
- Assembling and training your Church Security Team
- Emergency preparedness – Active Shooters, Emergency planning, Evacuations
- Offering Security, Background Checks, effective emergency communications.
- How to protect your Pastor, church staff and congregation during services and throughout the week.
- Terrorism – What should your church really be concerned about?
- Handling Disruptive/Exceptional Persons
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Technology - What measures are the most effective - Burglary, Fire, Access Control and Video Surveillance systems.
JOIN AMERICA’S LEADING EXPERTS IN CHURCH SECURITY FOR THE BEST TRAINING AVAILABLE TO SECURITY DIRECTORS, CHURCH BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR, CHURCH LEADERS AND FACILITY DIRECTORS.
AN INFORMATION-PACKED CONFERENCE, WITH PROVEN STRATEGIES AND TECHNIQUES TO IMPROVE YOUR CHURCH’S SECURITYJOIN AMERICA’S LEADING EXPERTS IN CHURCH SECURITY FOR THE BEST TRAINING AVAILABLE TO SECURITY DIRECTORS, CHURCH BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR, CHURCH LEADERS AND FACILITY DIRECTORS.
9 Two are better than one because they have a more satisfying return for their labor; 10 for if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and does not have another to lift him up. 11 Again, if two lie down together, then they keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? 12 And though one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Emergency Action
- Staff Identification
- Background Checks
- Mail Screening
- Offering Procedures
- Disruptive Persons
- Sex Offenders – Not in my church!
- Security Teams
- Starting a Security Ministry
- Keeping it legal
- Unarmed or Armed Guards
- What are the liabilities?
- Children’s Security
- Pastoral Protection
SYSTEMS AND TOOLS
- Effective Emergency Communications Radios
- Maximizing your Security Systems
- Video Surveillance
- Access Control
- Burglar Alarms
"CRIMINALS COME IN ALL FORMS; SEXUAL PREDATORS WHO PREY ON BOTH CHILDREN AND ADULTS, CRIMINALS THAT WOULD ROB, THIEVES WHO WOULD STEAL IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT OR IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, AND CONMEN WHO PREY ON THE TRUSTING. ALL OF THESE CRIMINALS ARE ATTRACTED TO THE SEEMINGLY LOW RISK ENVIRONMENT OF CHURCHES."
NOCSSM HAS TRAINED HUNDREDS OF CHURCHES ACROSS THE NATION THROUGH IT’S CHURCH SECURITY CONFERENCES. FORMERLY GATEKEEPERS ALLIANCE, LLC, NOCSSM IS AN ORGANIZATION MADE UP OF HUNDREDS OF CHURCHES FROM ALL AREAS OF AMERICA, BOTH LARGE AND SMALL.
CONTACT US AT
or call (214) 305-5616 to schedule an event.